The ultimate neck conditioning resource for combat sports athletes and martial artists
Neck Strength Masterclass is the definitive guide to training the neck to withstand the rigours of combat sports and martial arts.
This course takes an in-depth look at the mechanics of the neck and how it is used in a combat sports settings. It examines and improves upon current neck conditioning practices, and demonstrates innovative combat-specific exercises that will enable the student to improve performance whilst reducing the risk of neck-related injuries.
Much of the neck strength work done by combat sports athletes is confused, haphazard, and “old school”. While sports science and modern strength and conditioning methods are gradually becoming more commonplace in fighters’ training schedules, this approach doesn’t – by and large – seem to have made it as far as neck strength work.
At the same time, much of the neck rehabilitation exercise that we’ve seen prescribed by physiotherapists and sports rehab specialists is massively under-loaded compared to the demands placed upon the neck in sport. Doing basic neck mobility work and chin tucks on their own will never, ever be enough.
We decided that if we couldn’t find a complete answer to this problem, we’d create our own. We’ve collected some of the best ideas about neck strengthening that we’ve seen, adapted others, and developed a few of my own. Along the way, we’ve worked with many grapplers, wrestlers, boxers, MMA fighters and a few rugby players with neck pain in our clinic. The injuries ranged from minor aches and pains through to serious disc prolapses.
Every one has taught us something new, and this experience has helped us to improve and evolve this system.
Tailored volumes for your requirements
Choose from fundamentals, sport-specific training – or both!
Volume 1: Fundamentals
Anatomy and Basic Neck Movement / Basic Neck Strength Exercises / Upper Back and Shoulder Mobility / Basic Neck Routines
Volume 2: Sport-Specific Conditioning
An Introduction to Head Harnesses / Sport-Specific Exercises for Grapplers / Sport-Specific Exercises for Strikers / What to Do if You Have a Sore Neck
Buy Neck Strength Masterclass today to get:
- Clinically-tested, evidence-based coaching
- Appropriate for all ages, abilities and fighting styles
- Instructor-led, structured content organised into specific topics
- Full HD (1080p) streaming video with complete control over play, pause and positioning
- Cast-compatible (subject to available hardware/browser) for large-screen viewing
Take neck strength training to the next level with our Deluxe and Ultimate Editions
The modified head harness, carabiners and resistance bands are also available to buy directly from us – our Deluxe Edition includes online and DVD versions, plus the recommended equipment kit for getting best value from the course.
The Deluxe Edition includes:
- Neck Strength Masterclass online access + DVD
- Adapted head harness and band attachments
- 2x Red (light) and 2x Black (medium) resistance bands
Or go to end range with our Ultimate Edition, which includes additional higher-load resistance bands, a Combat Sports Clinic technical tee, and a 60-minute one-to-one session with Rosi Sexton to discuss the best way to implement the Neck Strength Masterclass for your school, practice or for your own personal benefit!
The Ultimate Edition includes:
- 60-minute personal best-practice consultation with Rosi Sexton
- 2x Purple (heavy) resistance bands for additional loading options
- Technical tee to rep the Combat Sports Clinic brand whilst keeping cool in the gym
- …plus everything in the Deluxe Edition
Volume 1: Fundamentals
- Chapter One – Anatomy and Basic Neck Movement
- Chapter Two – Basic Neck Strength Exercises
- Chapter Three – Upper Back and Shoulder Mobility
- Chapter Four – Basic Neck Routines
Volume 2: Sport-Specific Training
- Chapter Five – Introduction to Head Harnesses
- Chapter Six – Sport-Specific Exercises for Grapplers
- Chapter Seven – Sport-Specific Exercises for Strikers
- Chapter Eight – What to Do if You Have a Sore Neck
- Chapter Nine – In Summary